2015 Foley Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc, North Coast
Our 2015 North Coast Sauvignon Blanc is bright yet rich with notes of tropical fruit and fresh cut grass on the forefront. The vibrant flavors of grapefruit, kiwi and citrus zest are balanced by rich notes of golden apple and honeysuckle with a luscious mouthfeel from the oak aging. This is definitely a wine to enjoy on a hot day with friends and family!
100% Sauvignon Blanc
August 20, 2015
11 months in French oak, 40% new
2015 was another warm year with one of our earliest harvests to date. Yields were lower than the past few growing seasons, but the quality of fruit was exceptional with concentrated flavors and balanced acidity due to consistently warm temperatures throughout the season. The grapes for our 2015 Sauvignon Blanc were harvested in the cool morning hours of August 20, 2015. After harvest, the fruit was fermented in a combination of French oak barrels and stainless steel tanks to balance out the wine. It was then aged for 11 months in 40% new French oak, adding texture and complexity to the wine.
Our 2015 North Coast Sauvignon Blanc features fruit from Sonoma County and Lake County. 65% of this wine hails from the Munselle Vineyard in Alexander Valley which is just over the hill from Foley Sonoma. The other 35% was brought in from Lake County, and more specifically, our sister winery, Langtry Estate.
Only 98 cases produced